查英语 >英语学习 >阅读技巧 >美文赏析:做自己就好

美文赏析:做自己就好

更新时间:2024-03-19 19:49:15

  My Aunt Carmeleta was the wife of my mother's youngest brother Fred.

  我母亲最小的弟弟名叫Fred,我的婶婶,即Fred的妻子,名叫carmeleta

  Even though my Uncle Fred died many years ago

  尽管Fred叔叔很多年前就去世了

  and Aunt Carmeleta is now married to KenCarmeleta

  婶婶又嫁给了一个名叫Ken的男子

  I still consider her my aunt.

  在我心里,她还是我的婶婶

  Everyone should have a wonderful aunt like Aunt Carmeleta.

  每个人都需要一个像Carmeleta婶婶那样完美的亲戚。

  I lived with her and my Uncle Fred for a year when I was a teenager.

  我十几岁的时候,曾经和Fred叔叔,还有她同住了一年

  Like a lot of teenagers,

  和许多青少年一样

  I had issues with people who talked negatively about me.

  有些人会散布关于我的坏话,让我十分困扰

  If you've ever had this happen

  如果你也遭遇过这样的事情

  you'll understand how hurtful it is.

  你就会明白这有多让人伤心

  I'd talk to Aunt Carmeleta about these hurtful things

  我时常会把这些伤心事对Carmeleta婶婶说

  and she would always say, Just be yourself.

  她总会告诉我,做自己就好。

  This was great advice!

  这是多么棒的建议啊!

  In fact, it has been some of the best advice I have ever received.

  事实上,这是我这辈子听到过的最好的建议之一

  I learned not everyone is going to like you

  从中我明白了,并不是每个人都会和你一样

  and that's okay.

  但是没关系

  Just be yourself.

  做自己就好

  When my husband Bill met Aunt Carmeleta for the first time

  当我的丈夫Bill与Carmeleta姑姑第一次见面的时候

  He didn't think she was for real.

  他觉得她完美的不像个凡人

  He questioned, How could anyone be so nice and not be a fake?

  他问道,世界上怎么会有这样的人,如此美好,又毫不虚假!

  But he's found out through the years

  数年之后他才逐渐明白

  Some people can be this nice and be for real.

  有些人就是可以这样美好,而又真实

  I have never forgotten the advice to Just be yourself.

  我从未忘记过那条建议,做自己就好

  We need more people in this world

  生活于这个世界,我们需要这样的人

  who give great advice

  他们能给出绝佳的建议

  and are kind and loving like my Aunt Carmeleta.

  他们善良而又关爱他人,就像我的婶婶Carmeleta